Sunday, February 6, 2011

February 5

I was touched in a special way, today, as I read these verses!  It was as if the Lord was saying, “I want you to have a new and greater experience with Me. Come, listen, and learn.” I read Philippians 1:3-6 in several versions of the Bible. I came to The Message Bible, and it was like a spot light was on the word GLAD. I pray multiple times throughout the day. There are so many things that I have “burdens” for and pray earnestly to God. But, how do I come before the Lord? Truly, is it with a “glad heart?” Oh, no, I have to say, it at times tends to be with a very heavy and sad heart. Just as things happen in the lives of others, that they would rather do without, so it is with me. And here God is telling me come with a “glad heart.” I realized immediately I needed to change the way I was looking at these situations.  First, every time it came to my mind, it was a reminder to pray. OK, that is easy, I already do that. But the second part, be “glad,” was something I needed to implement. Instantly, it was as if a burden was lifted! Wow, now I know the meaning of Jesus promise, “my burden is light” in Mt 11:28! Immediately after choosing to have the “Glad” or happy heart, my burden was lightened! Wow, what a way to look at it! Pain…yes, but glad….because of the promise God has in store. He will not stop until He finishes the great work He has begun, in my life and in the lives of those I pray for. The pain, I can give to God, He will carry it for me!
Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.     Jesus, my burden carrier!
2.     I have a happy heart!
3.     Enjoyed a hike in the woods, on trails and off, with family and a friend!
4.     Day light! The last part of our hike was in the dark, glad we found the trail headed for home before the twilight was gone!
5.     Flash lights!  Thanks for bringing your’s Levis!

No comments:

Post a Comment