Monday, February 28, 2011

February 22

February 22~
There are just some days when, no matter how hard I look for something I have trouble finding what I’m looking for, only to find it right before my eyes, so to speak.  It is a bit frustrating at times. Later I can step back and laugh about it. Like the time I searched for my keys, only to find them right where they should have been and in plain sight, or my Mother talking to me on the phone, only to have my Dad come in and ask her what she is looking for. She says, “My phone.” Now, I had to laugh about that one! My Dad looking for his pencil, which was clinched between his teeth! Me, looking for my glasses, only to have everyone look at my head and laugh! They were on top of my head. Then most resent, I was just looking for my cell phone.  I finally called it, only to hear it ring in my pocket! Oh, and here in my freezer you will find bag after bag of edamames (green soybeans) , each time I had been going grocery shopping and pass the frozen section I thought I needed more, I was just sure we were out! It is so easy to get caught up in “life” and miss the obvious, even when it is right before our very eyes!
The question is, do I do it when it comes to God? Do I miss the obvious with God? I know His presence is with me. I know His promises are sure! Yet, I don’t always see Him in the daily events in my life. As I read the Bible, I realize that I’m not the only one with that problem. 
But Jesus, being aware of it, said to them, “Why do you reason because you have no bread? Do you not yet perceive nor understand? Is your heart still hardened? 18 Having eyes, do you not see? And having ears, do you not hear? And do you not remember? 19 When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments did you take up?” They said to Him, “Twelve.” ’ Mark 8:17-19
Here are the disciples of Jesus. They are concerned where to buy bread and finding fault with each other. They had forgotten the five loaves Jesus had broke for the five thousand, and all the baskets of leftovers.
 How ridiculous, here Jesus is right there with them, and they don’t see the obvious! He has to remind them. “Don’t you see? Don’t you get it? Don’t you remember?” Silly me! I’m no different! It is right there before my very eyes! Jesus is the source of my help and my hope! He is there even in the middle of every circumstance in my life!  Thank you Jesus!
Lord, You are always there for me. You are the Bread of Life, You give me peace, and You are the Father of all comfort. Please let me never forget!
                Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.       Finding my cell phone, even though it wasn’t far from me!
2.       Glasses! Sure makes life easier when you can see clearly!
3.       Keys to the car! Guess I wouldn’t be going too far without them! I don’t know much about jumping cars.
4.       The stories in the Bible that I can relate too!
5.       An awesome God that is always present with me, even when I don’t see the obvious! He doesn’t give up on my either! He just keeps on being there by my side!

No comments:

Post a Comment