Monday, February 28, 2011

February 28

February 28~
As I was driving home from work today, I noticed the heavy raindrops seemed a bit thick for rain. As I got closer to home, they would splat on the window.  I crawled into bed, and fell asleep listening to the rain hit the roof.  A couple of hours later, I wake up and it is quiet. Looking outside, I saw nothing but white, the snow had covered everything and huge flakes were coming down! It was beautiful! Before noon I had over four inches of snow and it was still coming down.  At 3:00 pm we tried to go into town, to no avail. As we drove down the lane and onto the main road, it was as if we were plowing through eight inches of slush! There were numerous accidents including cars on their tops. We had an appointment that we ended up doing over the phone. Due to extremely dangerous roads I was not able to make it to work.
Happy For A Reason reason’s:   
1.       Skiing. What better way to go get the mail than cross-country skiing on a day like this!
2.       I love watching the big snowflakes falling to the ground.
3.       Snowflakes! They are each so different from one another! I wonder how many snowflakes it takes to accumulate one inch of snow over one acre?
The answer: about 1.25 billion. That is a lot of flakes and not a one of them is the same!
There are 6272640 square inches per acre. Assuming 1 flake is 0.005 of an inch. 1 acre with 1 inch of snow has 1.25 Billion snowflakes. Wow!
4.       Time to watch the birds enjoying the bird food at the feeder. There are more birds than usual because of the snow.             
5.       Fir trees. They are so beautiful with the snow. Even when they are laden with snow their fir branches are reaching up into the heavens….another life lesson for me! Keep looking up, that is where my strength comes from!

No comments:

Post a Comment