Friday, February 25, 2011

February 21

February 21, 2011
Hmmm…. I just realized why I like having my worship in the living room on the couch. First, in the early morning it is quiet and I am less likely to disturb others. Second, as the sun comes up over the eastern horizon the beauty unfolds before my eyes. There may be clouds swirling around the mountain, clear skies, dew, frost, snow, or fog. Each contributing to the scene in a different way as the sun rises in the sky. Even the birds awaken and begin singing their morning songs.
Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.       The beauty of yet another sunrise! At times, I wonder, am I a broken record? I know I have put this on my list so many times. Yet, here it is again this morning, the same yet different from the days before. One thing I am reminded of this morning, as the sun comes up, is that darkness of night may in fold me, but there will always be a sunrise in the morning! Yes, a life lesson from the sunrise. Even in the darkest of nights, I can know, there will be a sunrise! It is always darkest just before dawn. Then comes the sunrise…. Be still, watch, and listen as the scene before you changes moment by moment until the sun has fully risen, breaking through with great streams of light!  Ah, yes, Joy comes in the morning!
2.       This has been a day full of interruptions to my plans. Now how can that be a Happy For A Reason reason? Well… I’d say, because inspite of the interruptions I was able to get a few things accomplished.
3.       I sure like having my sister, Judy, work at the same place I do! It means I get to see, talk, and laugh with her a lot more!
4.       OK, now I realize why the Lord gave me such a wonderful sunrise this morning, as well as the sunrise thoughts! Yes, I know that the sun shall continue to shine. Maybe I should rephrase that. I know that the Son will continue to shine and give me strength! He always has and always well. 
5.       The peace I can only get from my God, Jehovah-Shalom. The Lord our Peace. Isaiah 9:6 says, “…and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlsasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”

No comments:

Post a Comment