Friday, February 25, 2011

February 16

February 16, 2011~         
As I think back over the last 24 hours, I smile.  One of the things that brings a smile is the memory of one of my co-workers. She is a cheery, fun loving, caring person. She has a gift for being able to communicate well with others, even if they don’t know the English language very well.  Someone came in with a patient, to help translate. When asked if the patient had been vomiting, the translator said, “I don’t understand.” At which point, she proceeded to act it out! Immediately the translator smiles and says, “Oh, yes, I understand!”  Yes, something’s are just universal and cross over every language barrier. It is amazing sometimes, how well you can communicate and yet not even speak the same language.                    Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.       The ability to communicate, even without words.
2.       A nice comfy bed!
3.       Sleep! I was very tired after work this morning.
4.       My cat! I really think we need to rename her, Tea Kettle, because she rattles like a tea kettle as she purrs away. Another name that would be a good fit would be Shadow. I have never known a cat that would follow you around and want people attention all day long. If I don’t pay attention to her, she’ll get “in” my face, if not on my computer as I type! Of course, only if I let her!
5.       An Excellent supervisor! She sets the tone and that is where the team work starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment