Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 11

July 11, 2011 ~

“Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.”  ~Proverbs 4:23

My corn was nearly all ripped out by the crows while I was gone, today I replanted. I have a plan to keep the crows out of the corn patch this time! I had planted lettuce, basil, spinach, and carrots, only to find the whole box in the greenhouse filled with arugula, when we returned from Tennessee. I like arugula, but really, this is a bit much! Guess I will have to do some sharing. That was just a start for today, the next stop was the strawberry patch where the weeds were trying to take over! Alissa came over and helped weed another section of the strawberry patch. A few strawberry plants got weeded out because we could not take one without the other. Between the corn patch, arugula, and weeds in the strawberries, I am reminded of two things in the Bible, guarding my heart, and the story of the wheat and tares in the Bible, Matthew 13:24-30 and 36-40, where Jesus said to leave the tares to grow until the harvest or in the process of tearing out the tares, you also take good plants with the tares. Both something to think about!

 “‘Let both grow together until the harvest.’ At that time I will tell the harvesters: ‘First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’” ~Matthew 13:30, NIV

Happy For A Reason reasons:
1.      A garden we can weed! Better than no garden at all!
2.      Alissa’s help weeding!
3.      Fun time hearing about Alissa’s fun with friends doing outreach and then enjoying a hike together!
4.      Iron! To get those wrinkles out! Hmmmm….what wrinkles to I need to get out of my life? (…and not the ones on my face, besides, aren’t those smile lines?)
5.      Ironing board! Just makes ironing so much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment