Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 2

July 2, 2011 ~

“Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.” ~Psalms 37:4

I never cease to be amazed at the little details in my life that God works out. Sometimes it’s the “little” things that are not necessarily needs, but little things that just let me know, God really does care and He loves me a whole bunch! I remember a time when Ron and I took the kids up on Mount Hood. We hiked up to Burnt Lake, one of our favorite hiking and backpacking places. The weather was damp and dreary with not much hope of seeing the mountain peek out from behind the thick foreboding clouds. I remember talking with God as I was walking up the path and just mentioning that it would be nice if we could get a peek of the mountain when we got up to the lake. I continued on not giving that another thought. When we got to the lake, there was no beautiful reflections of the mountain on the lake, no blue sky, nothing but clouds. We ate our lunch and got ready for the three mile trek down the trail to the car. Peter and I were the last ones at the lake and all of a sudden a hole began to open up in the sky and to our amazement we could see the snow capped mountain and yes, there was even a reflection of it on the lake. I called to the rest of the family and they quickly came back to see the mountain! And as quickly as it came, it disappeared. Needless to say, I felt very blessed and my steps were much lighter as I walked down the mountain trail to the car. I realized, God does care about my wants as well as my needs! Did I “need” the view of the mountain to survive? No, but He loves me so much He even gave me the desire of my heart that day.  
Today, was my scheduled day to work but due to an unplanned trade with a coworker I was able to have the day off and spend time with my family while one of my brother was here for a visit! Maybe just a little thing but it was something I hadn’t planned, yet God tucked in another little surprise!

Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.      Had the day (night) off! I traded earlier in the week with a coworker who needed Tuesday off not knowing that I’d want today off so I could spend it with family!
2.      An absolutely beautiful day   
3.      Family
4.      Fun and enjoyable time visiting with Bill. It has been at least a couple of years since I saw him.
5.      God cares about even the “little” things in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment