Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 25

July 25, 2011~

As I laid awake in the dark, I heard a rumbling in the distance, then saw a flash. I realized in the distance there was a thunderstorm. Getting out of bed, I went to the living room and looked out the window. The clouds were quickly moving north and soon hid the crescent moon from my sight. As I watched the lightning and listened for the thunder, I realized the storm was headed our way. Huge drops of rain began to drop as the wind blew, lightning streaked through the sky, immediately followed by the loud rumbling sounds of thunder. My dog Sheba, came in to the room with me and then went to make sure “Daddy” was OK as well. She was fearful, anxious and unsure of what was happening. She wanted reassurance. As I sat watching the storm and comforting Sheba, I was struck with the similarities between myself and Sheba. When it comes to the storms of life, I often become fearful, anxious and unsure of things.

The Lord’s Prayer and again in the Garden of Gethsemane are Jesus examples of praying according to God’s will. Often I find myself caught in stormy situations. At times I find myself becoming fearful, anxious, and feeling as if I want to give up or unable to go on. The storms try my faith, bringing to light my faith, or lack of it.

Sometimes when I am in the middle of one of these storms, God seems so far away, so distant. It is then that I realize again I have been brought back to the place where I need to wait on Him. I need to learn to have that perfect trust and patiently wait on Him to reveal His will, in His perfect timing. And in so doing let the work that He has begun, continue to be completed, even if the storm was brought on by my own foolishness. I may suffer from the consequences of my choices but even in these storms God will work it out for my good and His glory.  Storms, whether from my own doing or not, give me the opportunity to develop the perfect faith that He wants me to have, with an added benefit – to develop a character like His!

“Behold the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His mercy, to deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine. Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name. Let Your mercy, O lord, be upon us, Just as we hope in You. ~ Psalm 33:18-22
The more I trust on God’s mercy, and hope in Him the more I will see His power in my life!
Romans 8:28

Happy For A Reason reasons:
1.      The night lightning show and thunder rumbling that reminded me of the lessons I can learn for the storms of life. Yes, my sovereign God knows what He is doing!
2.      The huge drops of rain that came with the thunderstorm! Don’t have to water today, it’s all done for me!
3.      The air is so fresh and clean today! Reminds me that someday soon all, the tears, heartache and pain will all be washed away!
4.      It is not so hot today! Yesterday was nice, but when you are not used to the heat, 70’s are much better!
5.      God is SO good to me! Especially when the “storms of life” are happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment