Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 15

July 15, 2011 ~

Resolve to see the world on the sunny side, and you have almost won the battle of life at the outset.  ~Sir Roger L’Estrange
Here I lie, flat on my back, wondering what I can accomplish. Glad that I have a good number of Paid Days off piled up.  Having a nice big window across from my bed, so I can watch the birds as they enjoy the bird food at the feeder is a blessing. The window is open, the breeze is softly blowing in, and the birds are singing. These are sounds I love to hear! After a morning of leisure, I am feeling a bit better, so I fix lunch and then Alissa comes over to help me in the yard!  Sam and Gerri picked us up some great Oregon tasting strawberries! Yummy! Ours have had so much water that they don’t have much of the flavor they usually do. And now, as the sunsets, there remains one lone House Finch at the feeder.

Happy For A Reason reasons:
1.      Time to have mom and daughter time with Alissa.
2.      Alissa’s help mowing the lawn! Something I would not have been able to do today! It was fun reminiscing about the years that she couldn’t mow, unless she used the push mower, because she was to light and couldn’t keep the seat pushed down enough for the mower to run .
3.      Time to take it easy and let my back rest.
4.      Yummy tasting Oregon strawberries!
5.      Fun memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment