Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 30

July 30, 2011 ~
“There is sunshine in my soul today, more glorious and bright than glows in any earthly sky, for Jesus is my light!  ….There is gladness in my soul today, and hope, and praise, and love, for blessings which He gives me now, for joys laid up above.” ~There Is Sunshine In My Soul, by Eliza Edmunds Hewitt

I slept the day away, guess that is the way it goes when you do a 12 hour shift. Not much time for anything else. When I woke up the house was empty so I called Ron to see where he was. He started talking about sitting by the water in the cool shade.  Actually he was only a few miles away. He came home and fixed dinner for me before I was off to work again. I hope we have a night like last night. I prefer the busy nights when I am doing the long hours because it makes the time go by faster and I don’t notice the “tired” bug hitting me as much. Guess it is the old adrennelan rush that keeps me going.
Happy For A Reason reason:
1.       Got a surprise when I got to work! My sister was working!
2.       I got to at least spend a half hour with Ron, before going off to work.
3.       The weather outside is delightful. Even when I have to work, the sunshine seems to give me a lighter step.
4.       The warmth from the sunshine. It reminds me of the warmth from the “Son” shine that fills my heart.
5.       Songs I learned years ago, that come flooding into my mind. This time it is the song “There Is Sunshine In My Soul Today.”

No comments:

Post a Comment