Saturday, July 9, 2011

July 4

July 4, 2011~        

“You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.” ~Psalm 16:11

“There are two freedoms – the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought.” ~Charles Kingsley

“Freedom is that instant between when someone tells you to do something and when you decide how to respond.” ~Jeffrey Borenstein

“We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.” ~William Faulkner

“No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck.” ~Frederick Douglass, speech, Civil Rights Mass Meeting, Washington, D.C., 1883

When I think of the Fourth of July, immediately my mind thinks: Freedom, United States of America, Religious Freedom, Independence, The Declaration of Independence, Fireworks (and what comes with them…oh, OK, I just work in an emergency room,) barbeques, family fun, and parades. Yet, there is another freedom that comes to my mind today. This freedom is the freedom that I get from my dependence upon the Lord.

“And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free... Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.” John 8:32 & 36

Oh, may I never forget that dependence upon the Lord is what brings true freedom into my life, freedom of mind, freedom to be who I am meant to be!

“Oh, give thanks to the LORD! Call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples!” ~1 Chronicles 16:8

Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.      I live in the United States of America!
2.      Religious Freedom. This is not something that everyone has.
3.      The courage of the Forefathers of our country who had the courage to fight for the freedom that I now enjoy.
4.      A special day to remember the history of my country.
5.      Most of all for the freedom I have in Jesus, for who He has set free, “Is free, indeed!”

Happy 4th!

May the Lord continually bless you with the blessings from heaven as well as human joys!
Smiles,
Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment