Thursday, March 31, 2011

March 22

March 22, 2011~
It is nice to be home. The temperature is about 20 degrees cooler than Tennessee, with partly cloudy skies. The sun is streaming through the clouds it is beautiful. As I was driving home this morning, I rounded a bend and saw the road lined with wild apple trees in bloom and the snow covered foothills of the Cascade Mountain range in the background. It is a scene I have experienced each spring for the last 25 years. I never cease to marvel, yet again, as my eyes look out over the snow covered mountains and the white blossoming apple trees. Yes, it is a beautiful sight God has created for me to enjoy!
Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.    The beauty God has allowed me to enjoy for the last 25 years, as I drive down our road each spring.
2.    The time change. Now that one is a strange one I know, but, it allows me to see more daylight! Something I don’t see much of when I work nights thru the winter months.
3.    I could be a support for Clarissa today as she was going through a difficult time.
4.    Just being home! It is nice to have work, and it is nice to travel, but there is no place like home!
5.    The sounds of home! I have really enjoyed the last week experiencing the sights and sounds of things away from home, but there is just something comforting and relaxing about walking out the door at home and hearing the familiar melodious songs of the birds and occasional rib-bit of frogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment