Thursday, March 31, 2011

March 23

March 23, 2011~
Last night I split a shift with a co-worker. Actually, she took the night part and I took the early morning hours. I was up at 1:30 am and off to work. It was a nice paced morning. The four hours went by quickly. Not realizing what time it was, my relief, Eva, came early, with a smile and very positive attitude! Her cheerfulness truly was easy to catch! On the way home I was able to enjoy a beautiful sunrise, and by the time I got home I was feeling ready to go outside and work in the yard! Then to my surprise Ron had breakfast already! It got me thinking about the meal I will be eating someday soon with Jesus!
Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.    Great co-workers like Eva!
2.    A beautiful sunrise!
3.    Breakfast fit for a queen with my best friend!
4.    It was a burn day and it isn’t raining!
5.    I was able to burn piles of branches and boxes that have been piling up all winter long! Sheba, my dog was out in the field with me. She was running around the field and into the pond having so much fun. The wind came up several times and blew some of the burning papers up into the wind and across the field. Sheba thought it was something to catch. Silly dog! You would think she would learn not to “play” with fire, but she kept going back for more. It got me to thinking about how much sin is like that. It looks so appealing, so “fun.” I go after it and get burned, sometimes only to go back for more.  Ouch! I get burned just like Sheba, if I play with fire.
Isaiah 64:6 “…and our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away.” Yes, I so easily get blown off by the wind. Yet, if only I stop and remember what came before in, Isaiah 64:4.
4 “For since the beginning of the world
      Men have not heard nor perceived by the ear,
      Nor has the eye seen any God besides You,
      Who acts for the one who waits for Him.
       5 You meet him who rejoices and does righteousness,
      Who remembers You in Your ways.
There is hope! God is there, He works for those who wait for Him. He strengthens and helps those who happily do what is right.
Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.” ~Romans 6:12-14
So that means I must not give sin a vote in the way I conduct my life. No chasing after the burn papers as the wind pushes them along. I need not give it the time of day. Don’t do even “little” things that lead me back to what I know is not right. I must throw myself wholeheartedly  and fully into doing things God’s way! Sin can not tell me how to live. Because I am living in the freedom of God. I have the freedom to choose right!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment