Thursday, March 31, 2011

March 31

May 31, 2011~

This morning I read, “Unhappy, unsatisfied? Most likely it’s because you’re too self-absorbed. Get involved in helping others and see what happens.” This is so true. I have experienced this many times. It is so easy to get so caught up in life that we loose our direction or forget our purpose. This reminds me of a story I read recently about the Ground Hog.

A groundhog worked tirelessly day in and day out, year after year.  His accomplishments were evident by the large number of holes and lengthy tunnels he dug.

One day a group of surveyors happened upon the groundhog while he was busy at work.  Puzzled by the feverish pace and long hours the groundhog spent working each day, the surveyors asked the groundhog why he was digging so many holes.  The groundhog simply replied that he hadn't given it much thought.  The frantic pace of his life didn't allow him the time to consider such ridiculous questions.

Have you ever felt like the groundhog, so busy working that you simply didn't have the time to look up and evaluate the path you're blazing? It doesn’t have to be that way. It is time to stop and choose to smell the roses! Find someone who needs a helping hand, it just might put a smile on your face!

Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.      Christ’s example.
2.      Time! I still have time to make a difference! I may be only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but there is something I can do.
3.      Sunshine! It has such uplifting and energizing effect on me. Hmm…maybe I can be the sunshine for someone today!
4.      Rain. It is what keeps things green and flowers growing.
5.      Flowers are starting to pop out all over!


I am only one, but I am one.  I cannot do everything, but I can do something.  And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.  ~Edward Everett Hale


It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do little - do what you can.  ~Sydney Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment