Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 1, 2011

Happy for a Reason
The New Year starts out with a white blanket of snow covering the earth. It reminds me of what Christ has done for me! He covers me with His righteousness.

“Come now, let us settle the matter,”
   says the LORD.
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
   they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
   they shall be like wool.”

Isaiah 1:18, this was my grandmother’s favorite Bible verses. What a wonderful way to start the New Year and have my mind brought back to the many things I can truly be Happy  for!
So here I begin my list or reasons I can be happy:
1.       The gift of Jesus Blood, which covers by sins, for which I am not worthy. Like the snow, His righteousness covers the ugliness in my life and makes it beautiful. I can even sparkle because He shines on me!
2.       As the New Year begins, I have a wonderful Christian husband who walks it by my side, through perplexing and challenging times as well as joyous times!
3.       Yes, I can say that I am thankful for even the challenging times during the past 26 years we have walked our journey together. For it is during those challenging times that God has taught us much about ourselves and each other. Because of these challenges we have had to choose whether to become bitter or better people.  Better people has been our choice!
4.       I am so grateful for the memories of the happy times the two of us have had with each other, with family, and with friends. And this leads me to my fifth reason for happiness.
5.       Friends are such an asset to one’s life! Oh, how I have been encouraged and inspired by my friends, of which my husband stands at the top of the list!  May I be that kind of friend in return!
….Trust in God and contentment are key factors in looking at the future with confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment