Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 3

January 3, 2010
I was so tired this morning when I got off  work! In fact I was so tired, I didn’t drive home right away. It is much better to be safe than sorry.  So after arriving home safe, and getting my much needed rest, I believe I am ready to roll for the day! This reminds me of the many Bible verses in the Bible that talk about the rest God will give us.  So today I am reminded of another reason I can start my Reason to be Happy list:
1.        The Rest I find when I spend time with my best friend, God!  “Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him.” Psalm 62:1                
2.        Because of the rest I get from Him, I can soar on wings like eagles and have the courage, strength and energy to go on even when life spits out its challenges!  “but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on  wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”  ~Isaiah 40:31       
3.        My parents! What an encouragement they are to me. They have always been there when I needed a hand, shoulder, or just an ear! Hmmmm …..it was from them that I learned what God was like.
4.        I have a nice warm house, and don’t have to struggle to stay warm on this cold winter day!
5.        Now for being practical! I am grateful for long johns! (I think the ones made for girls should be called something like long janes.) After a two mile walk in the cold my legs say, “remember to wear me next time!”

No comments:

Post a Comment