Friday, January 21, 2011

January 20

January 20, 2011 ~
I am always amazed at God’s timing! A friend sent an e-mail full of encouraging words and a quote that I needed! So here I share it with you.
                  ~ "God is more powerful than any problem that I may have to face today!"
That put a great big smile on my face. I think that is where I will begin my Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.      A God who is more powerful than any problem I have!
2.      I get to spend the night in my own bed….the rains caused floods up on the mountain, the rivers flooded, roads were washed away, at least 75 homes are cut off and  the people are unable to get home.
3.      Finding a pair of shoes that fit and are actually comfortable!  Shopping for shoes is not my most favorite thing to do. In fact, I would have to say it would be at the bottom of my list, except for the fact that I need comfortable shoes for work since I do a lot of walking. Yeah, for Merrel walking shoes!  Hmm… there are sure a lot of verses in the Bible about walking. Two of them are:
 “For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.” Psalm 84:11
“Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, ‘This is the way, walk in it,’ whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left.” Isaiah 30:21 

4.      God doesn’t leave us alone to find our way! He gives us direction as promised in Isaiah 30:21.
5.      Apples! Believe it or not I still have some of the golden delicious apples that we bought for canning at the end of October! Since they are in need of being used up before too much longer, I am trying all kinds of apple recipes. Today it was baked apples. They were quick and easy to make, not to mention delicious!  
Boxing the apples in October! A Yearly event.
January Apple Pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment