Sunday, January 16, 2011

January 16

January 16, 2011~
A lot of water is going under the bridge right now! It has rained hard all day! Reminds me of the song I learned in church when I was little. “The rain came down and the floods came up, the rain came down and the floods came up, and the house on the Rock stood firm!” Yes, there is a lesson to be learned with that simple little song. As long as my focus is on the, “Rock," Jesus Christ, I will be able to stand the fiercest of storms. Notice, I didn’t say I’d enjoy it, I said I’d be able to stand. Actually, it isn’t me that stands it is Him, through me!
My Happy for A Reason List:
1.      Memories of little things like this little song from childhood!
2.      The Solid Rock, Jesus Christ, who is always by my side! 
3.      His example for me written in His Word: Matthew 11:29, NIV
 “Learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart”
4.      Instruction…. So many times, I’ll start out to do something and being a hands-on kind of person, I just want to get in and do it, or be shown. Then when it isn’t working, or I just can’t figure it out, this saying comes to mind, “when all else fails, read the instructions!”  I am so glad that I have instruction for a happy life!
      “ He who would love life
      And see good days,
       Let him refrain his tongue from evil,
      And his lips from speaking deceit.
      
11 Let him turn away from evil and do good;
       Let him seek peace and pursue it.
      
12 For the eyes of the LORD are on the righteous,
       And His ears are open to their prayers;
      But the face of the LORD is against those who do evil.”
[
                                                1 Peter 3:10-12, NKJV


5.      The ablility to exercise and stay fit. Today it had to be inside using a DVD, but it wasn’t so bad! 30 min. equals two miles!
So....what are your Happy For a Reason reasons?

No comments:

Post a Comment