Friday, January 14, 2011

January 13

January 13, 2011
Today I have been thinking about the five sense that we are created with and realize how happy I am I have all five working just fine! So I begin my reasons for being happy:
1.   Eye Sight…. At my age I have a love, hate relationship with my glasses! After so many years not needing glasses and being able to be the first one in the family to read a sign way ahead, it has been an adjustment, but one that I can deal with!  I am so glad I can see the faces of my family and friends and the beauty in nature!
2.   Smell…. This one can be a pleasure as well as a sense that can save my life when there is a fire or gas leak, etc.  Oh, how nice it is to be able to smell fresh baking bread, cinnamon rolls, or a cup of delicious soup on a cold winter night!
3.   Taste…. Ahhh… the taste of fresh homemade bread! 
4.   Hearing….I am happy to be able to hear the voices of those around me, listening to music, hearing all the birds and fram animals outside, and even the wind in the trees!
5.   Touch….The gentle touch or a hug from someone who cares brings up another reason to be happy! Also, without this important sense  touch, serious injury could happen and I wouldn’t even know I was in danger. Recently it was brought to my attention how important this sense was because a patient where I work came in with a big gash in her leg.  She had no idea how it happened or when because she had no feeling in her legs.
Yes, I do have reasons to be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment