Sunday, January 30, 2011

January 30

January 30, 2011~
I’m back at work, doing my long stretch.  Oh, how good sleep feels! I love my work, the atmosphere, and the great people I work with, but this night stuff seems to take a bit more out of one than working days. So, for the days I work, it means a bit of extra sleep and less play.  It somehow all seems to come out OK in the end! And oh, how nice my days off feel!
Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.     Fruit trees…there is no evidence of fruit on them right now, but just wait until spring!
2.     Pot holes…hmmm, there are a lot less of them now! As I was filling them with gravel, I thought about the “pot holes” in my life. I need to be sure to fill them with the right “stuff” or they will just become bigger and bigger! Here is where I found the recommendation for the right “stuff”: “…whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.” ~Philippians 4:8, NKJV
3.     Physical exercise…It feels so good after working out in the orchard, picking up the branches left from pruning, then going down the driveway filling potholes. I’m tired, but a good tired, and I have a feeling of accomplishment.
4.     People…everyone is different and special in their own way.         
5.     Bible lessons… The lessons we are doing this quarter at church are terrific. They are entitled, Jesus Wept, the Bible and Human Emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment