Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January 17

January 17, 2011~
Today is garbage pick up day.  Now, I have never thought much about it, but I am very thankful for garbage pick up!  It has also gotten me thinking about a few things. First, I have more than enough garbage in my life, I don’t need any more. Actually, I don’t know anyone who doesn’t have some garbage issues. Some people may think it is a crutch, but I know from personnel experience that it is real! I can give my garbage to Christ, who doesn’t just come around once a week, and He takes it and dumps it in the bottom of the ocean where there is a no fishing sign! What peace and happiness He gives me in return. "He will again have compassion on us, and will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea." ~Micah 7:19.

 OK, so now my Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.      Garbage pick up day-
2.      Garbage Man- It isn’t the most sought after or desirable job and also one that people, me included, rarely show appreciation for.  Hmmm… I wonder what I can do to change that.
3.      Garbage Trucks- If there were no big garbage trucks it would take forever to pick up and remove garbage! No weekly service, more exspensive, and time consuming.
4.      Garbage Dumps- I can only imagine what life would be without garbage dumps to take my garbage to. I guess, I got a glimps of that when I was in Belize, years ago, and saw trash and garbage out in public areas and along the beautiful sea shore. Not so beautiful with the trash and pollution.
5.      The gift that Christ gives me, freedom from the garbage in my life! The key is giving the garbage to Him each time it comes along, even at times when my thoughts take it back.
 "Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." ~1 Peter 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment