Friday, January 28, 2011

January 22

January 22, 2011~
Yesterday, I was excited about going up on the mountain to cross-country ski. I went out and found our skis, blew the dust off them, got them all shinny and clean then fit them in the car with the boots. There, I was ready, everything was set and we’d be able to just get up and get going early. As we sat and talked about where we were going to park, it dawned on me that I had forgotten to buy the sno-park pass! Oh, what a bummer! I have to admit I was very disappointed as I had been planning and hoping for this day. I was unable to go skiing the last two years because of one thing or another. Then another situation arose that was so emotionally draining it would have been very easy to get down and let myself have a negative attitude but, again I reminded myself it is a choice.  I can choose misery or happiness.  Don’t know about anyone else but I don’t like misery! So here are my Happiness For A Reason reason’s:
1.      I can still go out and enjoy the outdoors!
2.      Found a new place to walk near the Columbia River. We walked almost five miles and ran out of time.
3.       Enjoyed seeing a blue heron, hundreds of dogs (or so it seemed) and interesting people. Most of all it was fun watching the dogs romp and play in the mud puddles. This may seem like a very ordinary thing, but these dogs must have been city dogs that don’t get to run and play in fields much because they would run through the fields and find a big puddle and run back and forth through them with water flying. We did save one ladies dog from having a roll in horse droppings. I really don’t think she would have had a fun ride home with a stinky dog!
4.      I got to enjoy all this with my husband and the weather was perfect!
5.      Two of the girls came over with a friend and we enjoyed an evening of popcorn and games!
Another day I’ll be able to enjoy the mountain!
Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul. ~John Muir

No comments:

Post a Comment