Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January 18

January 18, 2911 ~
Working nights brings with it many challenges. I believe that the biggest one is that I need sleep while all the rest of the world is awake, moving, and the sun is up. Even most of the animals around me get their sleep during the night….. so are they quiet? Not a chance! When I had been sound asleep for only three hours and hear Emma, the donkey, braying right outside my window, (at least it sounded like it was just outside my window) it did not immediately bring a smile too my face!  It was as if she was saying, “Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!” Happy thoughts weren’t my first thoughts but, it didn’t take long to realize that if I was going to get back to sleep, it would be easier if I got a better attitude real fast! Yep, it is all about choices. So I begin my Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.      I am happy my hearing is working just fine!
2.      Donkeys are rather interesting animals. I was doing some research on donkeys one day when my kids we young and found out this interesting fact.  All donkeys have a cross on their back. Each time I see the back of a donkey now, I am reminded of the story of the triumphal entry of Jesus into Jerusalem while riding on the young donkey, only a short time before He died on the cross for me.
3.      It is the last day of my long stretch of nights at work!
4.      I will have five days off!
5.      After the donkey waking me up, I just have to say, I am enjoying “quiet” right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment