Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 6

January 6, 2011~
This is one of those days that isn’t necessarily going the way I planned. Much of what I am referring to is out of my control. So now is the time to put into action something I have learned,Contentment is not an inheritable attitude but an acquired characteristic.” Yes, it is a choice and here I begin my list:
1.      I am so happy that I have the freedom of choice!
2.      In the USA I have religious freedom. There are so many countries where this is not the case, and when I read about or am told by someone who has experienced religious persecution, I realize what a blessing I have!
3.      My thoughts are even something I have the freedom to control! I don’t have to spend time thinking about everything that pops into my head. I can choose to stay with the negative thought and spiral downward, or choose to get rid of it and replace it with thoughts that will lead me in an upward direction.
4.      This is actually where I find a lot of my strength. I love finding great quotes and scripture that I can put to memory. So, my fourth reason today for happiness is having the ability to memorize and remember things.  Granted, that memory doesn’t always work as well as I’d like, but you know, I am learning there are things I can even do about that!
5.      OK, that brings me to the last reason for today, Dr. Neil Nedley’s newest book, hot off the press The Lost Art of Thinking. Check it out! It just might be one of those books that has a big impact on your life!              
6.      Now, I know this is one more than usual, but I just have to say, I am happy I was able to spend a few hours doing something special with Ron this evening. A meal at the Bay Leaf Restaurant made for a delightful time!

No comments:

Post a Comment